Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Four P's to Happ(pp)iness

In college I started praying daily for peace, patience, and positivity.


Peace in the sense of keeping anxiety and worry at bay, and for continual acceptance that I am not in control.


Patience, as it's said, is a virtue and one I have struggled in having my whole life. I pray to not only have patience with others, but with where I want to be in life and sometimes the slow, tedious road getting there.


Positivity is so important to mental, emotional, and I think even physical health. I pray to stay positive, not just when it's easy, but in the face of others' negativity, stressful situations, and when all I want to do is rattle off a few cuss words to alleviate frustration temporarily (I'm working on this).


So after praying for my three P's to happiness for awhile, I started thinking about possibly writing a book about what they mean to me and how I truly know focusing on them has helped me become a happier person. Then it dawned on me pretty powerfully; I was leaving out the fourth and most important P to happiness: Prayer.


My spike in feeling more peaceful, being more patient, and staying more positive was all due to the fact that I had started praying to feel and live that way. I became emotional at this thought and from that day forward have incorporated my gratitude for the power of prayer and the ability and luxury we have in being able to talk directly to God knowing he listens.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Add powerful to those Ps of yours

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your P's. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete