Thursday, March 10, 2011

Iloveit Bread

After I sent my sister Erika the link to my blog containing the first two posts, she responded in disbelief:

"Yay! Can't wait to follow you! But I can't believe it's called "Love It All" , AND you talked about Lent AND someone misinterpreting a saying without mentioning iloveit bread."

And she is so right. How did I not make this connection before!? Years ago the Strasser/Albin clan members were all gathered around a wonderful, traditional Easter lunch at Erika & Josh's house. In true Erika-fashion she had created delicious Easter-themed courses, one of which included iloveit bread.

"What is iloveit bread?" you may be asking yourself as I was each time my sister or mom would mention it.

Luckily, in honor of the event, Erika started explaining the tradition of the Last Supper and the bread Jesus broke with His disciples. We all listened with thougths of gratefulness and amazement thinking about Jesus. Except for me. I was only thinking, "iloveit bread?"

So when it came time to feast I finally got up the nerve to admit out loud that I still really had no idea what iloveit bread was, and that I know I'm a horrible person for having apparently fallen asleep in all my Sunday school classes that must have clearly mentioned this awesome iloveit bread related to Jesus and one of  the most important Biblical stories ever. 

But through roars and tears of laughter from all of my family members, it turned out my sister had made unleavened bread. Although, that was the first and last time I've heard the word unleavened because to us it will always be iloveit bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment