Monday, March 14, 2011

The butt stops here

This past Saturday was one of the nicest days we've had in the Kansas City area since Fall. The long-awaited beautiful weather got me thinking about Spring clothing, which got me thinking about Summer clothing, which got me thinking about swimsuit time. Thinking about swimsuit time automatically made me thankful for my new-found motivation and appreciation of being happy and healthy.

After hibernating indoors since November, my longing to be outside and be active isn't the only thing that's grown throughout the winter. It's my post-Thanksgiving/Christmas/Chiefs tailgating/New Year/Valentine's Day booty that has become noticeably bigger. And while I don't regret the piece(s) of my sister's homemade chocolate pie, or one early-morning beer outside Arrowhead Stadium, it is time to stop the winter-feeding frenzy.

So as the old saying goes regarding making decisions and ultimately taking responsibility for the consequences associated with those decisions (i.e. a plate full of Christmas cookies), now is the time to get serious: the butt stops here.

2 comments:

  1. I had the exact same thoughts this weekend. Soup for lunch and yoga for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Influenza, I say! Or kickboxing! Both seem to work :)

    ReplyDelete