Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Feel Good In My Soul

I am so excited about the next couple weekends I can barely hold it all in. One of my best friends is getting married next weekend, and her bachelorette party is this weekend, which means over the next ten days I can truly say I get to see all of my dearest, closest, oldest, and best friends.

They are the people that when my boyfriend knows I’m feeling low, he asks - almost  begs, “Can you please plan a trip or make plans to see so-and-so this weekend?” He knows being around these friends lifts my spirit and is like a makeover for my soul. They are the ones my sister references when she constantly reminds me, “Abby, most people aren’t like you and your friends. I don’t know if you really understand that.” But I do, and I try to never forget it.

My best friends and I fight, argue, tell the truth, support one another, laugh so hard we cry, and genuinely love and respect each other like family. These are friendships of years in the making: The bride I mentioned earlier and I were in the same kindergarten class and college roommates. I have pictures with most of these people before we were twelve years old. And  I’ve said for the past ten years that a couple of these friends are solely to blame for the early onset of my smile-line-wrinkles.

Has any one of these friendships been all roses? Not even close. Has every single one been worth every phone call, plane ticket, train ticket, road trip, and bridesmaid dress I really won’t ever wear again? Without a doubt or hesitation, absolutely.

When the upcoming festivities are over, we will all go our separate ways back to where we call home- Idaho, Chicago, St. Joe, Philadelphia, Kansas City, Columbia, Omaha. But for the time being I’m going to get as much feel good in my soul as I can and enjoy the wonderful, irreplaceable times with my wonderful, irreplaceable friends.

1 comment:

  1. Just reading this is good for my soul. I hope you girls have the best time. And I know you will.

    ReplyDelete