Friday, April 22, 2011

TGFGF

It has been storming in Kansas City for the past day. When I drove into work this morning it was thundering, lightning, and raining, but I heard on the radio that by the end of the day it's supposed to be sunny and 70. My first thought was: what perfect Good Friday weather. I've had this song in my head all day that I remember from when my sister Erika was in New Generation Singers:

Was a cloudy day, the Earth stood still, Man hung crying in the shadows of a hill called Calvary, An innocent man, belied and scorned, had gladly borne the pain and suffering for a world that should have died there in his place, And as he did, he said...

"Forgive them, no matter what they've done. Forgive them and tell them they are loved. And give to them a chance to go on living. And give to them a life that they could never have before. Father, forgive them"

I just love that this day started out stormy and dark similar to how it was when Jesus took all our pain and suffering as His own; and that later today it will be sunny for us to remember the true Light of the World and what He did for us. Thank God for Good Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment